A slow mouse takes longer for the cursor to reach its destination, whereas a fast mouse may zoom past it, easily disrupting your efficiency. Here’s how to change the speed in Windows.
Change Mouse Speed in Settings:
- In the Settings menu, you can change the speed of your mouse. Open Windows Search by clicking the Magnifying Glass icon in the Taskbar.
- Then, in the Search box, type “Mouse,” and then select “Mouse Settings” from the search results.
- This takes you directly to the Mouse settings in the Settings app.
- Click “Mouse Pointer Speed” option which is usually the second option from the top. This is how you change the mouse’s speed.
- Click and drag the slider to the right to increase the speed of your mouse. Click and drag the slider to the left to slow down your mouse.
Change Mouse Speed in Control Panel:
- Click the Magnifying Glass icon in the Taskbar to launch Windows Search, type “Mouse Speed” in the search bar, and then select the “Change the Mouse Pointer Display or Speed” option from the search results.
- You’ll now be in the “Pointer Options” tab of the Mouse Properties window in the Control Panel.
- Click and drag the slider in the “Motion” group to the right to increase mouse speed or to the left to decrease mouse speed.
- To apply the changes, click “Apply.”
- Your mouse speed has now been set.