Annotating images in a dataset is an important step in the process of developing a computer vision system or machine learning model. The annotations provide essential information about the objects and features in the images. This makes the machine learning algorithms can use to learn and make predictions.
Benefits of Annotation
The annotations define the boundaries of objects, which makes it easier for the algorithms to recognize and identify the objects in the images.
Annotated images serve as the training data for machine learning algorithms.
The annotations help to identify objects and features quickly, which saves time and effort in the development process.
The annotations provide additional information that the algorithms can use to make more informed predictions.
Annotating an image in Anaconda Power Shell using LabelMe can be done by installing LabelMe, a graphical image annotation tool. Here are the steps to install and run LabelMe in Anaconda Power Shell:
- IOpen the Anaconda Power Shell and type in the following command:
pip install labelme
- After the installation is finished, type “labelme” in the anaconda powershell to open the labelme.
Image Annotation using Labelme
- Click “Open” to locate and select the image you want to annotate.
- After selecting the image, click “Create Polygons” and start annotating your image.
- A new window will appear that will ask you to input label name for the annotation. Type any names you want and hit ok.
- Save your work with .json extension and your annotated image is now complete and ready to be used for your dataset.