- Click Start, then type “Disk Cleanup” into the search box.
2. When Disk Cleanup appears in the search results, click it.
3. Check that drive “C:” is chosen, then click “OK.”
4. Examine the box next to “Temporary Files,” and choose whether or not to check additional types of files.
5. Click “OK.”
Your temporary files cache will be removed in a few seconds.
How to Clear File Explorer History on Windows 10
- Launch any of the File Explorer windows. Open a folder or click the File Explorer icon on the Windows taskbar at the bottom of the screen to do so.
2. At the top of the window, select the “View” tab.
3. Click “Options” in the ribbon.
4. Click “Clear” under the Privacy section of the General tab.
How to Delete the Browser Cache on Windows 10
In addition to these critical caches, you may need to clear the cache in your web browser on occasion, especially if you are having difficulties opening specific online pages regularly.
Select the three-dot menu in the top right corner of Google Chrome, scroll to the History tab, and then click “History” in the menu that opens. Then select “Clear browsing data,” followed by “Clear data.”
To open the menu in Firefox, click the three horizontal lines. Then, on the “Privacy & Security” page, click “Clear History…” Then, on the “Clear Now” page, click “Clear Now.”
In Microsoft Edge, click the three-dot menu and then “Settings.” In the Clear browsing data section, click “Choose what to clear,” and then click “Clear.”