Android Studio is is based on IntelliJ IDEA which is a Java Integrated development for software and it is the Integrated Development Environment (IDE) of Android App development. It uses Gradle-based build system, code templates, GitHub Integration and emulator which supports application development within the Android Operating System (OS).
The software was first announced in May 2013 at Google I/O , and the first stable build was released in December 2014. Android Studio is available for Windows, Mac and Linux desktop platforms.
Android Studio Offers:
- Fast and feature-rich emulator
- Put changes to push code
- Extensive testing tools and frameworks
- NDK and C++ support
- Code templates and GitHub Integration
- Flexible Gradle-based build system
- Unified environment where you can develop for all Android devices