- Log into phpMyAdmin.
- On the left-hand side of the phpMyAdmin dashboard, it shows the list of all databases available then click on the database you want to export.
3. Click the Export tab on the top menu bar.
4. phpMyAdmin has two export options: Quick and Custom. If you’re not familiar with SQL tables or want the simplest way, select Quick.
5. In the next section, choose SQL from the dropdown menu as your preferred format for the backup file. SQL is the default format used to import and export MySQL databases as various systems generally support it.
6. Click the Export button to continue.
7. A pop-up displays allowing you to download the file. (Note: your browser may also download it automatically.)
Congratulations! You now know how to export databases from phpMyAdmin.