When you are ready to launch your app to the public, you must submit it for review. Before your Messenger app is made available to everyone on Messenger, we go through this review process to make sure it complies with our regulations and performs as expected.
Review the prerequisites before going to our App Review documentation to submit your app.
Before you begin the App Review submission process, make sure to complete each of the steps outlined below. This will improve the quality of your submission and reduce the chances of it being rejected.
- Upload a 1024×1024 compliant app icon image to Settings > Basic > App Icon.
- Read our screen recordings instructions and make screen recordings of your app while asking each permission and feature in your application. When we test your app, we’ll use your recordings as guides to ensure that it uses all of the rights and features you’ve requested.
- Make sure the name and symbol of your app comply with our trademark and logo criteria.
- Make sure you’ve finished the app development process. After you’ve submitted your app, any modifications to the basic or advanced settings may necessitate a re-review.
- Make sure we can use your app or visit your website. Your app must be publicly accessible or instructions on how to access it must be provided.
- Gather the credentials of a specific test user if you want us to test your account with them.
- To ensure that your app complies with our terms and rules, read our Platform Terms and Developer Policies.
- For each permission and feature that you will be asking in your proposal, read the Allowed Usage section in the reference. Your app will not be approved for a permission or feature if it does not comply with the permissible usage for that permission or feature.
- Read our FAQs regarding policy violations and the App Review process.
- Read our Common Mistakes guide to avoid common mistakes found in first-time submissions.